Project Himalaya‘s seven member Kang Guru expedition team left Kathmandu for their expedition on 19th October 2008. The expedition is led by Philip James Crampton (UK).
The names of the other team members are:
1. Robert M. Shaver (USA)
2. Karl Peter Adolfsson (Sweden)
3. Paula Veronica C. Cabrera (Venezuela)
4. Rusty Joe Schlessman (USA)
5. Damien J.G. Francois (Belgium)
6. Anne-Mari Hyrylainen (Finland)
Explore Himalaya is the base organizer of this expedition. The team is supported by climbing Sherpas: Tarkey Sherpa, Namgyal Sherpa and Pasang Gombu Sherpa.
Explore Himalaya works with the motto ‘Development through Tourism’. Keeping in line with this motto, Explore Himalaya Community Service Project was conceived to empower underprivileged and minority segments of Nepal.